Follow me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 23 June 2013

On wedding lists.

In Italy you can't get married without opening a wedding list somewhere. It's little use to tell people you need no stuff for various reasons, they will want to give you a proper gift (money seems to be inappropriate gift to some) and will ask again and again when and where will you open your wedding list.

We didn't want to set any ourselves, because we wanted to buy things we still need when we found an offer. Yet we had to give up and follow traditions that badly wanted us to open our own wedding list. Now, if you think it's easy to go to some shop and chose this and that to fill in an empty paper with things you would like people to give you on your wedding, well you are wrong. It isn't easy nor funny. I tried to concentrate as much as I could on the task, yet I failed at it on some extent and only managed to put in the list a few bits. I can't think of other things I would really need for our house. Especially I can't force myself to pick a set of dishes that costs some 100€ when I can find something as useful, and maybe more colorful (even if less smart, I agree) for half the price at some market. Someone has already "scolded" me that I don't look like a real bride, because I don't act as one. Now I ask, how does a proper bride acts?

Anyway, in one hour time I managed to chose a few bits. Ricky did better than me when chosing our future tv and stereo to fit in the list!

Who would ever go without an ironing board in life?! I wouldn't. 


And of course an electric iron. This one looks like professional ones. I hope it will do most work itself when I will be too tired to do the ironing myself.


Espresso maker. Because we are italian. And no italian family can go without their espresso.


When you are a dog owner and said dog is the no.1 world's hair producer you do need a good hoover and this one seemed to be the right one. It's dog-proof!


A coffee set to go together with the espresso maker, of course.


My favourite piece: a pizza set! Ain't this one cool?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked what you read? Tell me your opinion please!