Follow me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 30 December 2013

Goodbye 2013...

The Christmas Season is rapidly proceeding through the various celebration: Christmas Eve, Christmas and Boxing Day are past and done. Next holidays to look forward to are New Year Eve, New Year and the Epiphany.

I've never been a fan of New Year Eve. As a teenager I wasn't smart enough to attend parties and I usually spent the last day of the year at home with my parents and sister, reading myself through the midnight and into the new year.
When I started dating my hubby R. back in 2001 I also began to attend New Year Eve parties. I still remember the weird feeling of sorrow and guilt of that first time I left my parents on New Year Eve! At first it was fun, every year we did attend a party with our common friends and it all went fine for a good few years... untill all of them friends became couples with someone and as the group grew relationship between its members grew in complexity. Soon some people fell into quarrels and New Year Eve became a nightmare again. Who are we going to celebrate with?! Whose house will host the party this year? It was no more fun, but actually a stress to get everything sorted.
Last year, R. and I spent it home untill midnight watching some Disney movie and then went to a nearby town where they held jazz concerts.
This year we are thankful to a couple of friends who will get married on New Year Eve and will hold a big party for all of their friends. We'll get to celebrate together with our friends and with a smart party and all! No stress as to how to organize this New Year Eve party! Hooray them!

As the New Year comes many people rethink the year that's coming to an end and make wish for the year that's about to start.

If I have to rethink my year 2013 I can only say it's so far one of the best ever spent! In March we decided to get married and we spent most year getting ready for our big day, refurbishing the new home, organizing and dreaming of our future together. And now we're living the dream! How can a year ever be better than this one?! Sure, I lost my job in August when my contract wasn't renewed, and I am still looking for a job... But I am a lucky girl, indeed. Job will hopefully come in 2014 for me, I am as happy as a loved woman can ever be!

New Year Resolutions. Well, I almost quit making any some years ago, after many years of failing at keeping any resolution further than the month of March!
I can only make a wish for the new year, and hope I can make my best to make it happen.

First wish for 2014 has to be about my already happy life with beloved R. We can't be happier than this, the two of us! We love eachother and feel so immensely happy together. I wish it lasted not only all 2014 long, but forever! Love is something amazing and I am lucky to be experiencing it with R.!

For sure I wish I could read more. I have not read as much as I used to do this year, mainly because of job and wedding stuff that needed to be done. Now that I am more or less settled in the new home I wish I could go back to my old habit of reading everyday before bedtime. I miss reading.

I also wish I could keep up going to the pool regularly. Twice a week would be perfect, but I will be happy if I go once a week at least! There's a nice pool not too far from home and I have already gone twice there before the holidays. I will start again past the Christmas Season and I'm actually looking forward to it: it does help me feeling fit and relaxed.

I of course wish I could find a job to live of. I would do any job, as long as it left me time enough to spend with my beloved husband and to take care of our home. I am seriously considering going back to working for my parents, even if it's always been a job I wanted to avoid. Now that I am a wife I want to work any job that gives me something to bring home and still leaves me time enough to be a good wife to R.

I wish I did all of my compulsory assignments at the university, incl.the final professional training exam in June. I know it's a hard job and I must work hard to achieve it all in time, but I hope I will make it!

I wish I kept writing to my penpals regularly. Together with many other aspects of my private life, penpalling was kept on hold in 2013, mainly due to stressful job and wedding. But now I am almost caught up with all my mail and I hope to keep myself up to date with replies from now on! I owe it to my pals, who've been so kind and patient to wait forever for their letters to get a reply!

Finally, but not the last of my wish-list options, I wish I could bring my dog to live with hubby and I. The dog is already 5 and couldn't get used to the new home, so he's still living at my parents'. But I miss him so much! And I can see he misses me too, but he's way too scared of anything new and a new home definitely is the scariest experience he ever had to endure in his life. Hopefully he'll make it and win the fear so that I can keep him with us. We'd make a happy party of 3!

Do you have any resolution/wish list for 2014? What are your New Year Eve plans?

Happy Eve and may you all live a gorgeous 2014!






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog :) I've been reading through it and I love it!
    I'm also Italian, but living in England, so it's lovely to connect with a fellow Italian!
    I look forward to reading your posts, Daniela
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniela, I love your blog too! And I am eager to read more written by you! :)
      So, you're living in London! Wow! I've always wanted to move up there for good! How's live in England for an Italian?

      Delete

Liked what you read? Tell me your opinion please!