Follow me on Bloglovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 23 February 2014

Thankful Sunday - vol.2

Hallo folks!

How has your week been?

Mine has been a sort of a rollecoaster. I got finally called from my office and I am starting tomorrow. That of course both makes me feel happy because we've been longing for a sort of a stable job for months. But it also freaks me out: because I know way too well what a tough job I will be doing starting tomorrow. Anyway, one of my resolutions for 2014 was to find a job and be happy with it, no matter what. And I will try my best to keep this one resolution going.

What I am thankful for this week, apart for the new job:

1) Making Homemade Bread - It was my first attempt ever and I can boast I did it so good that we ate a whole loaf of bread and a good half of the other loaf for dinner! We would stare at our homemade bread grow into the oven while cooking and it was a lovely first time experience. I want to make more of it in the future!




2) Receiving Mail at my new adresse - I know it may sound little to someone but to a penpaller like I am it's something to be very cheerful for! My very first mail at the new adresse was a bookcrossing book "The Daughter of Time" that I will soon be reading.




3) Finally finishing reading Earthly Joys - Even though I liked it ok, it was a bit too long and slow for me to fully enjoy it and to make of it one of my favourite books ever. I was craving the end of the novel and I was just too happy when I read the word end on Wednesday morning! There's a sequel to this novel, but I think I will take some time before looking for said volume. I have now plans to read Shirley by Charlotte Bronte, I've got the Italian translation of it.

4) Spending some time with my one and only - R. and I have had the chance to spend some quality time together. We indulged on dining out, cinema trips (we went to see Inside Llewyn Davis, that I really liked), and chilling out. R. wants me to be full of energy tomorrow when I start this new adventure at the social work office.

5) A spring-like weather - The weather has been very mild these past few days and it allowed me to take long walks both with my dog and alone. I love to walk in the nature, it never fails to relax me.




I wish you all a perfect happy new week! And never forget to look out for anything that you must be thankful for! Your days will look brighter then!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely post :) Good luck for tomorrow, how exciting!
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :) - MAC GIVEAWAY
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete

Liked what you read? Tell me your opinion please!